Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Rasmalai {Version 2}

For this week theme on BM I'm presenting "Festival Special-Krishna Janmashtami". Enjoy the dishes & don't miss the update. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 42.
Rasmalai is a much known dish to all. Today I'm sharing a almost instant version of this recipe, which is much easier to make for larger group of people. 
At first I decided on getting Haldiram's rasgulla and making the same as below. The only difference is they are round in shape and rest all the same. To my surprise I found a Haldiram's rasmalai at the store I visit & picked it without a second thought. Enjoy this easy to make dish !!!
Cook Time-40mins | Serves-4to6people
Ingredients
1Can of haldiram's rasmalai {12count}
Milk{Full fat}
1/4Cup sugar
1Tsp cardamon powder
Few saffron strands
Few almonds chopped
Few pistachios chopped 
Directions
- Bring milk to boil & then add sugar & saffron. 
- Reduce milk on low heat till it gets thick. 
- Mean while remove patties from sugar syrup & press a little to squeeze the sugar juice out. 
- Add cardamon powder & patties to milk. 
- Cook on low heat for 5mins & switch off heat. Add almonds & pistachios to rasmalai.
- Refrigerate it for few hours or till the rasmalai is chilled. 
- Serve chilled.
Note
- You can replace Haldiram's rasmalai with Haldiram's rasgulla.
- Haldiram's rasmalai patties are dipped in a sugar syrup & they are too sweet.
- I avoided milkmaid to control the sugar level in the sweet.
- Flavor up the milk with your favorite ones for a much more deliciousness. 
- Add a 2Tsp of corn powder to reduce time in thickening milk. {I won't try this because, at the end milk might taste & smell like corn powder}
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.

13 comments:

  1. nice and yumm.. Wish I could take it out..

    ReplyDelete
  2. delicious rasamalai BTW in ingredients I think u wanted to say Rasagulla?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veena.. No it is Haldiram's Rasmalai patties I bought & I was surprised that they do sell these one's. I only knew rasgulla till now :)

      Delete
  3. That's an instant version of Rasmalai! Good one:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rasmalai has come out so well..very inviting picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an easy peasy way to satisfy the craving of Ras malai without spending too much time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is one dessert that I always fall for....u just left me drooling

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is nice...a quick treat...will try this when i have the rasagulas at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an easy breezy rasmalai, cant resist to them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ras malai looks so delicious and tempting....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds tempting.......... Love this instant version!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look so tempting and delectable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a quick and easy dessert. Lovely clicks.

    ReplyDelete